- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Nasheed and Zaki meets Yaameen
Former President Mohamed Nasheed and his special advisor during his presidency, Hussain Zaki have met the Progressive Party of Maldives’ (PPM)’s Parliamentary Group leader Abdullah Yaameen.
The meeting was held at the residency of Zaki at H. Hulhugali last night. PPM Parliamentary group leader Abdullah Yaameen informed the media after the meeting that the meeting was held at the request of former President Nasheed.
Yaameen said that the meeting was held to discuss on continuing the “Leaders Dialogue” before the start of the sessions of the Peoples’ Majlis to resolve the political issues. Yaameen said that Nasheed mentioned that it is important to continue the dialogue before the start of the Majlis.
Nasheed also said that President Dr. Mohamed Waheed will accept the advices of PPM because PPM is the largest party in the government coalition. Yaameen also said that Nasheed requested him to make an effort to initiate the dialogue again.