- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
- Maldives doesn’t want to change Commonwealth Summit venue
- Suspects and victims of recent gang violence have criminal records- Police
- Adopting new perspective is the way forward for the education system: President
- DRP changed policies to close the door on Gayoom and Nasheed- Thasmeen
- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
Nasheed and Zaki meets Yaameen
Former President Mohamed Nasheed and his special advisor during his presidency, Hussain Zaki have met the Progressive Party of Maldives’ (PPM)’s Parliamentary Group leader Abdullah Yaameen.
The meeting was held at the residency of Zaki at H. Hulhugali last night. PPM Parliamentary group leader Abdullah Yaameen informed the media after the meeting that the meeting was held at the request of former President Nasheed.
Yaameen said that the meeting was held to discuss on continuing the “Leaders Dialogue” before the start of the sessions of the Peoples’ Majlis to resolve the political issues. Yaameen said that Nasheed mentioned that it is important to continue the dialogue before the start of the Majlis.
Nasheed also said that President Dr. Mohamed Waheed will accept the advices of PPM because PPM is the largest party in the government coalition. Yaameen also said that Nasheed requested him to make an effort to initiate the dialogue again.