- Message by Minister of Foreign Affairs on the occasion of the International Human Rights
- Quick steps will be taken to provide quality health care- Minister
- Gasim urges to allocate budget to train professional journalists
- Halal certificate issuing to be gazetted next week
- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
MNDF Northern Area medevacs a critical patient
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”;
MDNF Northern Area has medevaced a person who suffered an asthma attack with subsequent breathing difficulty while on an island hopping trip to an uninhabited island. The patient was medevaced to Raa Atoll Inguraidhoo Health Center.
A vessel from MNDF Northern Area Coast Guard Squadron was dispatched to the scene immediately after report of the incident was made to MNDF Northern Area Command. Soldiers on the dispatched vessel swam ashore after arriving to ‘Neyo’ Island to provide assistance due to lack of a harbor.
The 18 year old male patient was carried across to the vessel by the soldiers and ferried to Inguraidhoo Island. The patient is currently recovering at Inguraidhoo Health Center.