- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
MMPRC holds a roadshow in Japan
Maldives Promotion House – The Maldives Marketing & PR Corporation (MMPRC) together with the tourism industry successfully completed a road show in major two cities, Fukuoka and Osaka in Japan on Sunday 9th September 2012. Over 90 different Japanese tour operators participated in this road show.
The main objective of holding a road show is to maintain consistency is Japanese tourist arrivals to Maldives and to share information about Maldives with the Japanese press and tour operators.
With its close proximity and affluent outbound market, Japan holds great growth potential for the Maldives. There were 22534 tourist arrivals to the Maldives from Japan between January to August 2012. This accounts for a share marketing of 3.7 percent. Japan is number eighth largest generating market to Maldives.
MMPRC is also participating in the JATA fair held in Japan from the 20th till the 23rd of this month. MMPRC looks forward to working closely with Japanese travel trade in promoting the Maldives in similar projects. These activities are part of the planned destination marketing and promotional activities aimed for the last quarter of 2012.