- Pest control operation in Dh. Kudahuvadhoo
- 2 apprehended and 1 being sought in relation to case of assault
- Police delegation returns from training with the FBI
- President Waheed reaffirms commitment to improve the standard of IGMH
- Police help rescue Snorkeler who went missing
- EU Ambassador pays farewell call on President Waheed
- President’s Office directs all govt offices to participate winners of national Quran competitions at official functions
- 23rd Session of the Human Rights Council concludes in Geneva
- JP congress to be held on July 10
- AK underscores the importance of more people joining to get economic freedom
- Home Ministry requests all to refrain from painting public areas in political colours
- Police begins eradicating graffiti from the walls of Male’ City
- Individual found dead in Bilehdhoo
MMPRC holds a roadshow in Japan
Maldives Promotion House – The Maldives Marketing & PR Corporation (MMPRC) together with the tourism industry successfully completed a road show in major two cities, Fukuoka and Osaka in Japan on Sunday 9th September 2012. Over 90 different Japanese tour operators participated in this road show.
The main objective of holding a road show is to maintain consistency is Japanese tourist arrivals to Maldives and to share information about Maldives with the Japanese press and tour operators.
With its close proximity and affluent outbound market, Japan holds great growth potential for the Maldives. There were 22534 tourist arrivals to the Maldives from Japan between January to August 2012. This accounts for a share marketing of 3.7 percent. Japan is number eighth largest generating market to Maldives.
MMPRC is also participating in the JATA fair held in Japan from the 20th till the 23rd of this month. MMPRC looks forward to working closely with Japanese travel trade in promoting the Maldives in similar projects. These activities are part of the planned destination marketing and promotional activities aimed for the last quarter of 2012.