- Sri Lanka and Maldives small biz to get better trade finance: IFC
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- FRS attends to storm surges at Villimaale
- Maldives repeats its calls to immediately end violence in Syria
- Health sector needs additional budget of MVR 270 million- Dr. Jamsheed
- PPM will join Nasheed when a forumula is invented to mix oil with water -Nihaan
- Only Gasim can save this nation- Ilham
- MDP wants an interim govt before election- Nasheed
- Villa college opens campus in Naifaru
- Surfing expeditions in the Maldives increase in popularity as the country showcases its wilder side
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives open only 6 weeks and voted no. 1 resort in North Male Atoll
- All travelers should take necessary precautionary measures before setting on their journeys- Coast Guard
- MNDF renders assistance to a person trapped inside a room
Minister Nazim expresses hopes to open services of Military Hospital to general population
Minister of Defence and National Security Colonel (Retd) Mohamed Nazim has expressed hopes to open the services of the Military Hospital to the general population.
Speaking at the inaugurated Military Hospital, the Minister said furthermore that he is confident that this hospital will rank among the best in the Maldives, in terms of the quality of the health care it provides as well as the friendliness of the staff. Also, while currently the services of the hospital are limited to members of Maldives National Defence Force and Maldives Police Service as well as their families, in the future the doors of this hospital will be open to members of Department of Immigration and Emigration and Maldives Customs Service as well as the general population.
Minister Nazim said that the inauguration symbolizes the culmination of a lot of hard work and effort by many, and represents the realization of the dreams of our service men and women and their families for a well equipped and modern medical facility.
Minister Nazim also said that inauguration of the MNDF hospital would not have been possible if not for the continued assistance of the government and the people of India, and that India has provided state of the art medical equipment and well trained and highly qualified medical practitioners for the hospital. The Minister also said he understood that this hospital has been a dream project for Shri A. K. Antony, the Honorable Defence Minister of India, and that he has shown a special interest as it progressed.
The first Military Hospital in Maldives ‘Senahiya’ was inaugurated by the visiting Indian Defence Minister A.K Anthony. The official inauguration ceremony was held in from of the Military Hospital.
Speaking at the ceremony, Indian Defence Minister said that India has always maintained a close relationship with Maldives, and the setting up of ‘Senahiya’ is yet another milestone symbolizing the bonds of the close friendship between both our nations.
Speaking about the ceremony, Minister A.k Anthony said that ‘Senahiya’ is a shining model of how two friendly neighboring countries can collaborate to create facilities aimed at benefit of their people, and announced that a team of two medical officers and four paramedical staff from the Indian Armed Forces Medical Services will be stationed at the hospital to work with the Maldivian authorities in setting up the service, and assured continued support and partnership in this project.
The Minister also mentioned that over the last decades our multi-dimensional relationship has been nurtured by the leaders and the people of both our countries, and that the relationship will be strengthened as we evolve collaborative and cooperative approaches to tackle the challenges before us, and that terrorism, piracy and drug trafficking are some of the common areas in which both our counties need to work together bilaterally and with other counties in our
region to ensure the peace, stability and prosperity of our region and our people.
At yesterday’s ceremony Indian Defence Minister A.K Anthony inspected the facilities and services at MNDF Military Hospital and signed the visitors log at the hospital.