- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
MDP proposes to join govt coalition
Opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) has proposed to join the government coalition of President Dr. Mohamed Waheed Hassan Manik.
According to media reports, opposition MDP proposed to join the government of President Dr. Waheed at the first meeting of the All-Party-Leaders-Talk which was held yesterday afternoon at Velaanaage.
The government representative to all-party talks, Presidents Advisor on Political Affairs Ahmed Thaufeeq told reporters that the government welcomes the proposal of MDP but however the government will decide on the matter after further discussions with the coalition partners and President Dr. Waheed.
MDP Chairperson, Moosa Manik said that the MDP believes that the current government should be a government of MDP since the Commission of National Inquiry ruled that there was no coup and the current government to be legitimate. He added that the people voted for a government of MDP.