- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
MDP proposed to join the govt to destroy the govt- PPM
Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM) has stated that the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) proposed to join the government to destroy the government by creating rifts from within the government coalition.
In a press release issued by PPM, the interim Deputy Leader of the party Abdu Raheem Abdullah said that the world has accepted the government and MDP is now aware of this and know that they cannot create any doubts regarding the legitimacy of the government anymore.
“Now they have no chance in creating doubts about the legitimacy of the government. Therefore, they know that no one will question the legitimacy of the government no matter how much they scream at the top of their voices regarding it on the streets. So now they want to destroy the government by joining the government and causing internal conflicts,” he said.
He said that PPM has not made any decision on the MDP’s proposal to participate in the government. He said that this decision will be made the party council.
Abdur Raheem expressed hopes that the President Dr. Mohamed Waheed will hold a discussion with the coalition parties before deciding on the matter.