- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
MDP has no opportunity to join the government- President
President Dr. Mohamed Waheed Hassan Manik has said that the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) or any other political party now does not have the opportunity to join the government.
Informing of the decision of the President to Miadhu Daily, the government representative to all-party talks, Presidents Advisor on Political Affairs Ahmed Thaufeeq said that the President made this decision while in China. He said that this decision was made by the President himself without any influence of the political parties in the government coalition.
Thaufeeq said that no other political parties have the chance to join the government coalition now and there is also no opportunity for anyone to talk of early elections anymore. He said that the opposition MDP cannot partake in the Leaders Dialogue to speak about early elections.
Presidents Advisor on Political Affairs said that this decision of the President is a wise decision and the President is a leader with good foresight.
Thaufeeq noted that the MDP had the chance to join the government but they rejected it when they had the opportunity.