- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
- Umar says he didn’t goto appeal committee because it’s under Yameen’s authority
- Nasheed won’t even succeed for the second round of elections- Gasim
- Recent assualts are gang related- CP
- Nasheed Launches MDP Policy on Agriculture
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- Police assist with flood relief in Ga.Villingilli
- 2 men arrested with suspicious narcotics
Maldives should resolve political issues without foreign influence- India
Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has stated that the Maldives should resolve the political issues of the country without any foreign influence.
The Indian Prime Minister made this remark during his meeting with the former Preside Maumoon Abdul Gayoom last Friday.
During the meeting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh underscored the need for all stakeholders in the island nation to take forward the political dialogue for peace and stability.
Manmohan Singh stressed the need for all stakeholders in Maldives to take forward the process of political dialogue and to work together to resolve the current political situation.
He emphasized the need and to maintain an environment of peace and stability in the country.
The prime minister underlined that India would continue to work towards further strengthening and expanding its multifaceted relationship with Maldives.
He also referred to the close ties of friendship and cooperation between India and Maldives and conveyed that India was committed to working with the government and people of Maldives for the economic development, progress and betterment of the country.