- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
Maldives should resolve political issues without foreign influence- India
Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has stated that the Maldives should resolve the political issues of the country without any foreign influence.
The Indian Prime Minister made this remark during his meeting with the former Preside Maumoon Abdul Gayoom last Friday.
During the meeting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh underscored the need for all stakeholders in the island nation to take forward the political dialogue for peace and stability.
Manmohan Singh stressed the need for all stakeholders in Maldives to take forward the process of political dialogue and to work together to resolve the current political situation.
He emphasized the need and to maintain an environment of peace and stability in the country.
The prime minister underlined that India would continue to work towards further strengthening and expanding its multifaceted relationship with Maldives.
He also referred to the close ties of friendship and cooperation between India and Maldives and conveyed that India was committed to working with the government and people of Maldives for the economic development, progress and betterment of the country.