- Sri Lanka and Maldives small biz to get better trade finance: IFC
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- FRS attends to storm surges at Villimaale
- Maldives repeats its calls to immediately end violence in Syria
- Health sector needs additional budget of MVR 270 million- Dr. Jamsheed
- PPM will join Nasheed when a forumula is invented to mix oil with water -Nihaan
- Only Gasim can save this nation- Ilham
- MDP wants an interim govt before election- Nasheed
- Villa college opens campus in Naifaru
- Surfing expeditions in the Maldives increase in popularity as the country showcases its wilder side
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives open only 6 weeks and voted no. 1 resort in North Male Atoll
- All travelers should take necessary precautionary measures before setting on their journeys- Coast Guard
- MNDF renders assistance to a person trapped inside a room
It won’t be easy for other parties to compete against MDP- Nasheed
Opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP)’s presidential candidate, former President Mohamed Nasheed has said that it would not be easy for other political parties to compete against MDP in the presidential election.
Former President Nasheed made this remark at the press conference held before his departure to UK yesterday morning to lecture regarding the political situation of Maldives in a meeting of the Royal Commonwealth Society.
In view of the recent campaign tour of MDP entitled “Presidential Vows Tour”, Nasheed said that after the campaign trips of MDP to four atolls in the southern region of Maldives it will be impossible for other parties to compete against his party.
Moreover, Nasheed said that peace and stability can only be achieved in the nation only through a democratic presidential election. He added that he believes that the constitution should be amended to hold early election.
Nasheed also stressed that the events of February 7 should be investigated and those who are guilty of the violations of the human rights should be prosecuted and brought to justice.