- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
It’s apparent from Nasheed’s obstruction against subsidies that he is behind the coup- MDP
Opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) has stated that Kulhudhufushi constituency MP Mohamed Nasheed’s obstruction against the provisions of subsidies on fisheries and electricity, and allowances given to single parents and children initiated by the former government shows that MP Nasheed is behind the coup against former President Mohamed Nasheed.
In a media statement released by MDP’s Parliamentary Group accused MP Nasheed of trying to obstruct the on fisheries and electricity, and allowances given to single parents and children by working with the 23 December coalition.
“These actions of MP Nasheed show that it is he who is behind the coup which toppled the former President Mohamed Nasheed from power,” MDP’s statement said. The party also accused the present of government of supporting Nasheed’s efforts to obstruct the provision of these allowances.