- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
It’s apparent from Nasheed’s obstruction against subsidies that he is behind the coup- MDP
Opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) has stated that Kulhudhufushi constituency MP Mohamed Nasheed’s obstruction against the provisions of subsidies on fisheries and electricity, and allowances given to single parents and children initiated by the former government shows that MP Nasheed is behind the coup against former President Mohamed Nasheed.
In a media statement released by MDP’s Parliamentary Group accused MP Nasheed of trying to obstruct the on fisheries and electricity, and allowances given to single parents and children by working with the 23 December coalition.
“These actions of MP Nasheed show that it is he who is behind the coup which toppled the former President Mohamed Nasheed from power,” MDP’s statement said. The party also accused the present of government of supporting Nasheed’s efforts to obstruct the provision of these allowances.