- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
Islamic Ummah will grow stronger in face of the challenges against Muslim unity- Sheikh Shaheem
Minister of Islamic Affairs Sheikh Mohamed Shaheem Ali Saeed has said that the Prophet of Islam is from the main pillars of the unity of Muslims and whenever the enemies of Islam attack the Muslim unity the Islamic Ummah will grow stronger.
Sheikh Shaheem said this at the lectures organized by the Ministry of Islamic Affairs in defence of the Prophet (peace be upon him).
The Minister said that Allah allows Islam to prevail over all other religions inspite of these onslaughts against the honour of the noble prophet and Islam. He said that the number of people accepting Islam in the world is growing faster than any other religion.
Sheikh Shaheem said that the Muslims should react with wisdom to these attacks and only than success can be achieved. He underscored the importance of wisdom and patience in Islam.
Citing an example of the benefits of being patient rather than reacting with anger, Shaheem said that as a defence of the prophet from the attacks on his honour by the controversial movie some Muslims in UK gave out the biography of the noble prophet to disbelievers. He said that many accepted Islam as a result of this wise act.
He also said that some Muslims gave out millions of copies of Quran in America when a Christian pastor challenged to burn Quran. He added that thousands of people accepted Islam after reading the Quran.
Minister Shaheem noted that it is not permissible for Muslims to react with emotion and anger and attack diplomats and ambassadors of foreign countries.