- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
Islamic Affairs Ministry condemns US-produced movie ridiculing Prophet Muhammad
The Islamic Affairs Ministry has strongly condemned the US-produced movie which has insulted and ridiculed Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him).
The Ministry in a statement issued yesterday denounced the movie, co-scripted and directed by Israeli Jewish Sam Bacile, as being grievously heinous.
Islamic Affairs Ministry stressed that the movie, deliberately maligning the best of Mankind and the most distinguished of the Messengers, Muhammad (Peace be upon him), the likes of whose nobility, honor, justice, and manners the earth has never known of.
The Ministry also cautioned the people reacting to the movie emotionally. They added the people should be patient and indulge making prayers for the prophet and following his traditions.