- Maldives addresses the 102nd Session of the International Labour Conference
- MNDF holds graduation ceremony of the 12th drill instructor course
- Case of accidental vehicular homicide forwarded to PG’s Office
- Case of unlawful confinement and sexual exploitation sent to PG’s Office
- Commissioner of Police meets 2 new lecturers for the ISLES Degree Course
- Minister of State for Economic Development Abdulla Ameen and Deputy Minister of Tourism Mohamed Maleeh Jamal Dismissed
- Only Gasim knew the importance of educated youth to build the nation- Ilham
- Nominations for National Awards for Special Achievement close today
- Mahloof resigns as PPM spokesperson
- No issue raised when GMR case was investigated is found in ACC report- Ahmed Mohamed
- Pest control operation in Dh. Kudahuvadhoo
- 2 apprehended and 1 being sought in relation to case of assault
- Police delegation returns from training with the FBI
Islamic Affairs Ministry condemns US-produced movie ridiculing Prophet Muhammad
The Islamic Affairs Ministry has strongly condemned the US-produced movie which has insulted and ridiculed Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him).
The Ministry in a statement issued yesterday denounced the movie, co-scripted and directed by Israeli Jewish Sam Bacile, as being grievously heinous.
Islamic Affairs Ministry stressed that the movie, deliberately maligning the best of Mankind and the most distinguished of the Messengers, Muhammad (Peace be upon him), the likes of whose nobility, honor, justice, and manners the earth has never known of.
The Ministry also cautioned the people reacting to the movie emotionally. They added the people should be patient and indulge making prayers for the prophet and following his traditions.