- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
Indian Defence Minister meets with Minister Nazim
Visiting Indian Defence Minister A.K Antony has met with Minister of Defence and National Security Colonel (Retd) Mohamed Nazim.
Indian Defence Minister was awarded a guard of honor by Maldives National Defence Force upon his arrival at Republic Square. After inspection of the guard of honor the visiting Minister walked to MNDF Headquarters ‘Bandaara Koshi’ alongwith with the traditional Maldivian, “Beru dhummaari Thaalhafili” escort.
At meeting which took place at “Bandaara Koshi”, the Ministers discussed about expanding defence cooperation between the two countries and military development assistance which many be available from India. Chief of Defence Force Major General Ahmed Shiyam and members of the Indian delegation participated in the meeting.
After meeting with Minister of Defence and National Security, the Indian Defence Minister and delegation participated in the official talks with senior officers of MNDF and senior personnel of Ministry of Defence. At the official talks, issues relating to defence cooperation and strengthening bilateral defence relation were discussed.