- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
If DRP wants to call for President’s resignation they should leave the govt- DQP
Dhivehi Qaumee Party (DQP) has called Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party (DRP) to leave the government if they want to call for the resignation of the President.
DQP made this statement in view of the recent call for the resignation of President Dr. Mohamed Waheed by DRP Council member Ali Azim.
Speaking to Vnews, Vice President of the DQP, Riyaz Rasheed said that it is ridiculous for the DRP to call for the resignation of the President while they remain in the government. He said that the political parties of the national unity government condemns this call and considers it a very lowly act.
Riyaz noted that the DRP has been severely criticizing the President and putting pressure on him while they remain in the government coalition. He said that the President chose to consult and hold discussions with the political parties regarding the issue of GMR because it will held determine what’s best for the welfare of the country.
In view of the call of Ali Azim, Gemanafushi constituency MP Ilham Ahmed also strongly condemned it. He said that Ali Azim and Thasmeen are resorting to such acts to achieve their own political agenda.