- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
If DRP wants to call for President’s resignation they should leave the govt- DQP
Dhivehi Qaumee Party (DQP) has called Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party (DRP) to leave the government if they want to call for the resignation of the President.
DQP made this statement in view of the recent call for the resignation of President Dr. Mohamed Waheed by DRP Council member Ali Azim.
Speaking to Vnews, Vice President of the DQP, Riyaz Rasheed said that it is ridiculous for the DRP to call for the resignation of the President while they remain in the government. He said that the political parties of the national unity government condemns this call and considers it a very lowly act.
Riyaz noted that the DRP has been severely criticizing the President and putting pressure on him while they remain in the government coalition. He said that the President chose to consult and hold discussions with the political parties regarding the issue of GMR because it will held determine what’s best for the welfare of the country.
In view of the call of Ali Azim, Gemanafushi constituency MP Ilham Ahmed also strongly condemned it. He said that Ali Azim and Thasmeen are resorting to such acts to achieve their own political agenda.