- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Govt is trying to unduly influence international organisations- Naseem
Ahmed Naseem, the Former foreign Minister of the regime of former President Mohamed Nasheed, has accused the government of trying to unduly influence international organisations.
Speaking to Miadhu Daily, former Foreign Minister Naseem said that the government can never achieve this.
In view of the statement of state minister of ministry of foreign affairs Dhunya Maumoon that Maldives is deciding to annul the country’s membership from the Commonwealth of the CMAG does not remove Maldives from its agenda, Naseem said that it is just empty prattle.
“Government cannot challenge organisations like CMAG. And the people won’t accept this either,” he said.