- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Govt is spreading false information about ACC regarding GMR issue- ACC
The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has rebutted that the statement of the government that a decision cannot be made regarding the GMR issue up until ACC concludes their investigation of the case.
In an interview to VTV, President of ACC Hassan Luthfee said that the claims of some of the top officials of the government that ACC is procrastinating the investigation of the GMR issue is totally baseless and false.
Luthfee said that ACC is currently investigating three cases related to GMR and one of them is nearly finished. He said that the cases are complicated and needs a lot of time.
Noting that the commission is receiving full cooperation in the investigations, Luthfee said that he requests details of cases concluded by ACC and sent for prosecution as they have not been informed of such details.