- Individual found dead in Bilehdhoo
- Special Operation held in M. Atoll Kolhufushi
- Police Museum opens to much fanfare
- President Waheed congratulates Iranian President
- Lack of landing space in Airport causes great losses- Gasim
- President attends Night Market
- Maldives anti-corruption body finds no misdeed in GMR deal: Reports
- Nazim’s case against Thasmeen is a machinated plot- Topi
- President assures to help continuously to get materials necessary to manage IGMH
- It is not clear why ACC suddenly changed their views- Abdullah Mohamed
- Marine equipment’s PVT LTD donated a night vision camera system to MNDF
- CDF Arts & Culture Exhibition launched and Addana magazine published
- Individual sentenced to 10 years in prison for forced sexual exploitation of minor
Govt is spreading false information about ACC regarding GMR issue- ACC
The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has rebutted that the statement of the government that a decision cannot be made regarding the GMR issue up until ACC concludes their investigation of the case.
In an interview to VTV, President of ACC Hassan Luthfee said that the claims of some of the top officials of the government that ACC is procrastinating the investigation of the GMR issue is totally baseless and false.
Luthfee said that ACC is currently investigating three cases related to GMR and one of them is nearly finished. He said that the cases are complicated and needs a lot of time.
Noting that the commission is receiving full cooperation in the investigations, Luthfee said that he requests details of cases concluded by ACC and sent for prosecution as they have not been informed of such details.