- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
Govt is concerned over Nasheed’s statements in UK regarding terrorism- Abbas
Press Secretary Abbas Adil Riza has said that the government is very concerned over former President Mohamed Nasheed’s statement in UK regarding his suspicions of imminent terrorist plots in the Maldives.
Abbas said that this is a matter of national security and it is alarming that Nasheed did not inform Maldives Police Service regarding such plots.
Speaking to Miadhu Daily, Abbas said that Nasheed is a person who has been involved in terrorism since long and he was convicted for it. He added that Nasheed is known for instigating the people to partake in such terrorist activities and crime.
Abbas said that Nasheed was convicted of plotting to attack SAARC Summit and also his connections to terrorism is apparent in his decision to give clemency to those who were charged with the terrorism in the nail bomb incident in Sultan Park in 2008.
Abbas said that Nasheed is also involved in kidnapping during his presidency and of instigating his followers to perpetrate terrorism and arson throughout the country after his resignation.