- EarthCheck certifies Centara Grand Maldives
- Soneva unveil new wellness programs
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives tops TripAdvisor North Malé Atoll rangking within six weeks
- IGMH resumes anaesthetic service
- Person reported missing from Fresmaathodaa has been found alive
- Manhunt launched related to case of assault with a sharp object
- Large drug bust and arrest in Addu City
- President to give President Medals to O Level world top achievers
- Defence Minister departs to Geneva for the “Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction” forum
- Govt is working to maintain the core of this nation- President
- Gasim vows to compensate for the damages of Tsunami on Filladhoo
- DRP was divided by Gayoom, not Umar Naseer- Thasmeen
- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
Govt is concerned over Nasheed’s statements in UK regarding terrorism- Abbas
Press Secretary Abbas Adil Riza has said that the government is very concerned over former President Mohamed Nasheed’s statement in UK regarding his suspicions of imminent terrorist plots in the Maldives.
Abbas said that this is a matter of national security and it is alarming that Nasheed did not inform Maldives Police Service regarding such plots.
Speaking to Miadhu Daily, Abbas said that Nasheed is a person who has been involved in terrorism since long and he was convicted for it. He added that Nasheed is known for instigating the people to partake in such terrorist activities and crime.
Abbas said that Nasheed was convicted of plotting to attack SAARC Summit and also his connections to terrorism is apparent in his decision to give clemency to those who were charged with the terrorism in the nail bomb incident in Sultan Park in 2008.
Abbas said that Nasheed is also involved in kidnapping during his presidency and of instigating his followers to perpetrate terrorism and arson throughout the country after his resignation.