- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
Govt Condemns the Burning of US Flag
The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Dr Abdul Samad Abdullah has said that ‘the Government of Maldives rejects and condemns the burning of the flag of the United States of America by a group of protesters in Malé yesterday’.
The Foreign Minister also said that ‘burning of another country’s flag is not, and has never been, a Maldivian way of showing our anger and protest. While the Government of Maldives understands the feelings and emotions of Maldivians about the activities of certain individuals attempting to defame Prophet Muhammad, the Government had called on the people to show restrain and calmness in dealing with the issue’.
Minister Samad noted that the Government of Maldives has already condemned in the strongest terms, the blasphemous video, which insults the Prophet Muhammad. He also noted that the video was neither produced, nor approved by the Government of the United States, and in fact, the US Secretary of State has already condemned the video. Therefore, showing anger and creating hatred towards America undermines the Islamic values of tolerance and respect.