- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
- Umar says he didn’t goto appeal committee because it’s under Yameen’s authority
- Nasheed won’t even succeed for the second round of elections- Gasim
- Recent assualts are gang related- CP
- Nasheed Launches MDP Policy on Agriculture
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- Police assist with flood relief in Ga.Villingilli
- 2 men arrested with suspicious narcotics
Govt Condemns the Burning of US Flag
The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Dr Abdul Samad Abdullah has said that ‘the Government of Maldives rejects and condemns the burning of the flag of the United States of America by a group of protesters in Malé yesterday’.
The Foreign Minister also said that ‘burning of another country’s flag is not, and has never been, a Maldivian way of showing our anger and protest. While the Government of Maldives understands the feelings and emotions of Maldivians about the activities of certain individuals attempting to defame Prophet Muhammad, the Government had called on the people to show restrain and calmness in dealing with the issue’.
Minister Samad noted that the Government of Maldives has already condemned in the strongest terms, the blasphemous video, which insults the Prophet Muhammad. He also noted that the video was neither produced, nor approved by the Government of the United States, and in fact, the US Secretary of State has already condemned the video. Therefore, showing anger and creating hatred towards America undermines the Islamic values of tolerance and respect.