- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Gayoom informs Rao of the concerns of the people regarding GMR agreement
Former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom has informed GMR Chairman GM Rao the concerns of the people of Maldives regarding the agreement of the former President Mohamed Nasheed’s regime with the GMR.
Former President’s Secretariat revealed that Gayoom informed Roa that the agreement has many issues and the agreement is damaging for the economy of the Maldives. He also said that the agreement was not made in a transparent manner and that there are many discrepancies in the agreement. He noted that the agreement was made even without the knowledge of the Peoples’ Majlis.
Former President’s Secretariat stated that Gayoom raised these concern during the meeting held yesterday with GMR Chairman GM Rao.
According to former President’s Secretariat, the meeting was held at Koimbatoor Health Facility in India where Gayoom’s wife Nasreena is being treated at. The secretariat stated that the chairman of GMR discussed the issue of Male’ International Airport and other business ventures with the former President Gayoom.