- Sri Lanka and Maldives small biz to get better trade finance: IFC
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- FRS attends to storm surges at Villimaale
- Maldives repeats its calls to immediately end violence in Syria
- Health sector needs additional budget of MVR 270 million- Dr. Jamsheed
- PPM will join Nasheed when a forumula is invented to mix oil with water -Nihaan
- Only Gasim can save this nation- Ilham
- MDP wants an interim govt before election- Nasheed
- Villa college opens campus in Naifaru
- Surfing expeditions in the Maldives increase in popularity as the country showcases its wilder side
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives open only 6 weeks and voted no. 1 resort in North Male Atoll
- All travelers should take necessary precautionary measures before setting on their journeys- Coast Guard
- MNDF renders assistance to a person trapped inside a room
Gayoom informs Rao of the concerns of the people regarding GMR agreement
Former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom has informed GMR Chairman GM Rao the concerns of the people of Maldives regarding the agreement of the former President Mohamed Nasheed’s regime with the GMR.
Former President’s Secretariat revealed that Gayoom informed Roa that the agreement has many issues and the agreement is damaging for the economy of the Maldives. He also said that the agreement was not made in a transparent manner and that there are many discrepancies in the agreement. He noted that the agreement was made even without the knowledge of the Peoples’ Majlis.
Former President’s Secretariat stated that Gayoom raised these concern during the meeting held yesterday with GMR Chairman GM Rao.
According to former President’s Secretariat, the meeting was held at Koimbatoor Health Facility in India where Gayoom’s wife Nasreena is being treated at. The secretariat stated that the chairman of GMR discussed the issue of Male’ International Airport and other business ventures with the former President Gayoom.