- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the Presidentâ€™s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities donâ€™t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year â€“ Vice President
- â€śNelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generationsâ€ť â€“ President Yameen
Foreign Secretary meets former President Nasheed
UK Foreign Secretary William Hague met the leader of the Maldives Democratic Party and former President of Maldives Mohamed Nasheed .
Expressing the UKâ€™s continuing support for the Maldivesâ€™ democratic reforms, the Foreign Secretary said: â€śMr Nasheed and I had a productive conversation about the political developments in the Maldives.â€ť
He said that it is essential that party dialogue now resumes in order to implement the Commission of National Inquiryâ€™s recommendations to strengthen democracy, undertake institutional reform, and move towards elections as early as possible next year.
â€śThe UK is committed to working with all political groups, with the continuing support of the international community, to assist this process in any way we can. The Maldives and the UK are strong partners on a number of issues, particularly in the work to secure global action on climate change, and I look forward to working with the Maldivian Government to maintain that close cooperation,â€ť he said.