- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
EU Ambassador calls on the President
Ambassador of the European Union to the Maldives, Bernard Savage has paid a courtesy call on President Dr Mohamed Waheed yesterday afternoon.
At the meeting held at the President’s Office, the President briefed the Ambassador on the current political and economic status of the country. The President also highlighted the political reform needed in the country, and the steps being taken by the government in overcoming the economic challenges faced in the Maldives.
Ambassador Savage assured President Waheed that the European Union would continue to extend its assistance and support to the Maldives.