- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
- Maldives doesn’t want to change Commonwealth Summit venue
- Suspects and victims of recent gang violence have criminal records- Police
- Adopting new perspective is the way forward for the education system: President
- DRP changed policies to close the door on Gayoom and Nasheed- Thasmeen
- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
EU Ambassador calls on the President
Ambassador of the European Union to the Maldives, Bernard Savage has paid a courtesy call on President Dr Mohamed Waheed yesterday afternoon.
At the meeting held at the President’s Office, the President briefed the Ambassador on the current political and economic status of the country. The President also highlighted the political reform needed in the country, and the steps being taken by the government in overcoming the economic challenges faced in the Maldives.
Ambassador Savage assured President Waheed that the European Union would continue to extend its assistance and support to the Maldives.