- Sri Lanka and Maldives small biz to get better trade finance: IFC
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- FRS attends to storm surges at Villimaale
- Maldives repeats its calls to immediately end violence in Syria
- Health sector needs additional budget of MVR 270 million- Dr. Jamsheed
- PPM will join Nasheed when a forumula is invented to mix oil with water -Nihaan
- Only Gasim can save this nation- Ilham
- MDP wants an interim govt before election- Nasheed
- Villa college opens campus in Naifaru
- Surfing expeditions in the Maldives increase in popularity as the country showcases its wilder side
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives open only 6 weeks and voted no. 1 resort in North Male Atoll
- All travelers should take necessary precautionary measures before setting on their journeys- Coast Guard
- MNDF renders assistance to a person trapped inside a room
Education will help reduce crime- President
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has said that proper education will help reduce crime in the society.
The President made this remark while speaking at the inauguration of the Institute for Security and Law Enforcement Studies, which would be administered by the Maldives Police Service. After the official inauguration of the institute, the President also launched the official website of the institute.
At the ceremony held at Iskandhar building yesterday evening, the President said that the institute celebrates a landmark in the history of the Maldivian police service, as it was going to enhance police training and security training in the country.
President Dr. Waheed expressed his hopes that the starting of undergraduate and graduate courses for law enforcement personnel would facilitate the Maldivian security forces to be among the most professional law enforcement personnel in any country.
Highlighting that at a time when international scrutiny was heavily on Maldives, the President said that it was very important for the country to build professional police service and to ensure that all of the police personnel and security personnel follow strict guidelines, adhere to their co-values and demonstrate their professionalism.
President Waheed further expressed his confidence that this institute would assure that the Maldives police force would continue to be a professional body that conformed to international standards of excellence.