- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
Corruption case filed at ACC against PG
A case of corruption against the Prosecutor General has been filed at the Anti Corruption Commission.
Prosecutor General Ahmed Muizz has been accused of trying to take advantage of his authority and for trying to cause undue influence. The case was submitted to the Anti Corruption Commission on September 23.
The case filed at the commission stated that the justice system of the Maldives threatened because some high level people in the independent institutions are working in alliance with some politicians to make the people suffer.
The case file also said that the void in the justice system of the Maldives cannot be ignored and that recently the government coalition parties threatened to remove the Prosecutor General Muizz from his post.
Moreover, it was noted that Muizz as a result of this have unduly tried to defend his post by sending all cases sent for prosecution by the Police to the courts of law without any investigations.