- Vice President calls for greater private sector engagement for effective health care delivery
- An individual suspected of being involved in large scale drug trafficking arrested
- President highlights bilateral cooperation between Maldives and Japan
- Shifag underscores importance of strengthening JP to achieve international success
- We will make our services agreeable for the people – Islamic Minister
- Kidney diseases and cancer treatments to be provided from the islands- Dr. Shakeela
- Child Support Trust Account to be established
- OPD duty at IGMH for all specialties to be harmonized
- Government Proposes Amendments to Three Revenue Bills
- Defence Minister returns to Male’ after concluding official visit to India
- Former President Waheed returns home to a warm welcome
- Trilateral security group of India, Maldives and Sri Lanka to be expanded
- No nepotism in JP- Imad
China will make immense contributions to Maldives economic development: Adheeb
Minister of Tourism Arts & Culture Ahmed Adheeb has said that the China has assured that they will make immense contributions to the economic development of Maldives.
Minister Adheeb who is accompanying President Dr. Mohamed Waheed in an official trip to China said that this visit of the President and First Lady Madam Ilham Hussain as well as other government officials to China is the most successful trip of a Maldivian delegation to the country in the recent history.
Adheeb said that following the success of the visit, China will facilitate with assistance in the different areas of need for the Maldives including economic development.
In this regard, together with the Minister of Tourism Arts & Culture the President said that work would be especially focused on marketing the Maldives tourism in China.
The President together with the accompanying government officials including the Minister of Tourism Arts & Culture, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and the Minister of Environment and Energy; met with Wen Jiabao, the Premier of China where he expressed our countries appreciation for the long standing relations between Maldives and China, furthering adding his confidence in the strengthening of ties between to two nations as they would mark the 40th anniversary of diplomatic relations.
President Waheed further said that the agreement for 150 million dollars from EXIM Bank of China, and the agreement for China’s grant-in-aid for the Maldives will also be signed as part of this visit.