- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
- Police seize narcotics, cash and alleged stolen items
- Turkish Aid to be used to reconstruct Police buildings damaged by fire
- ADB Director General for South Asia calls on the President
- UNFPA Country Director Meets the President
- Adhaalath calls to arrest all who partipated in the brutal murder of Dr. Afraasheem
- Nasheed will face the consequences during the election for mocking Islam- Gasim
- Azlif will be prosecuted following Humam’s confession- CP
- Yameen is Nasheed’s spokesperson- Thasmeen
- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
Cannot move forward with a habitual liar as a leader- Gasim
Jumhooree Party Leader Gasim Ibrahim has said that the people cannot move forward with a habitual liar as a leader. He said that every person has to think about this and take heed of this.
Gasim made this remark at the ceremony held at the party’s main office to celebrate the signing of 50 youth from Machangolhi district of capital Male’ City.
Gasim said that the people of Maldives are intelligent and awareness has increased in the youth. He said that the joining of more youth to the Jumhooree Party is an evidence of the increase in popularity of the party among the youth.
Deputy Leader of the Jumhooree Party Ameen Ibrahim said that Gasim is the most capable leader among the leaders contesting the upcoming Presidential elections of 2013. He said that Gasim is a leader who moves forward and does not get tired of helping the people and working for the betterment of the country.
President of the Jumhooree Party Dr. Ibrahim Didi expressed his contentment of the joining of more youth with the party. He said that the new youth who are joining Jumhooree Party will help the party in winning the Presidential Election to be held next year.