- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
Cabinet advises to revoke former govt’s decision to divide Fuvahmulah in to 3 administrative zones
- Ministry of Tourism presents names of 14 islands to be developed in to tourist resorts
The cabinet yesterdayday advised President Dr Mohamed Waheed to revoke the decision made by former President Mohamed Nasheed by decree, to divide Fuvahmulah in to three separate administrative zones.
At the cabinet meeting held yesterday, members noted that the decision made by the former government was not fully in line with the Maldivian constitution or the rule of law in the country.
Members also underlined that the majority of the populace in Fuvahmulah did not support the idea of the island being divided in to three administrations.
At yesterday’s meeting the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture presented names of the islands to be developed in to tourist resorts, as per the President’s decision to open 14 additional islands for resort development.