- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
Cabinet advises to revoke former govt’s decision to divide Fuvahmulah in to 3 administrative zones
- Ministry of Tourism presents names of 14 islands to be developed in to tourist resorts
The cabinet yesterdayday advised President Dr Mohamed Waheed to revoke the decision made by former President Mohamed Nasheed by decree, to divide Fuvahmulah in to three separate administrative zones.
At the cabinet meeting held yesterday, members noted that the decision made by the former government was not fully in line with the Maldivian constitution or the rule of law in the country.
Members also underlined that the majority of the populace in Fuvahmulah did not support the idea of the island being divided in to three administrations.
At yesterday’s meeting the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture presented names of the islands to be developed in to tourist resorts, as per the President’s decision to open 14 additional islands for resort development.