- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
- Mandela an example of democracy- Gasim
- With Yameen’s visit, ties with Maldives set to shine again
- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
With CoNI’s report we will return to our homes after bringing coup leaders to justice- Nasheed
Former President Mohamed Nasheed has said that he and his followers will return to their homes after brining the “coup” leaders to justice when the Commission of National Inquiry (CoNI) issues their final report on August 31.
Speaking at the Usfasgandu rally of the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) held to celebrate “Black Friday”, former President Nasheed said that he would not stop his work against injustice “until justice is served and true freedom is established.”
“I will not stop this work against injustice until true freedom is established. We will stand up. We will rise. We will establish freedom of our people. We are a people who came out for a change. In deed will not return back to our homes after bringing the coup leaders to justice on the day the commission issues its investigative report,” Nasheed said.
Nasheed said that August 12 and 13 are the days when the people seized power over the government and on those days the people believed that they are the power.
He said that the people got their encouragement from that day and he also got support from that day. He said that the “Black Friday” was an oppressive day and the people believed that they can topple the then tyrant regime.