- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
- Maldives doesn’t want to change Commonwealth Summit venue
- Suspects and victims of recent gang violence have criminal records- Police
- Adopting new perspective is the way forward for the education system: President
- DRP changed policies to close the door on Gayoom and Nasheed- Thasmeen
- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
We will raise our voice no matter how much a people is trying to brush the reality of Feb 8 under the rug- MDP
Opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) has stated that they will not cease to raise their voice no matter how much a people is trying to brush the reality of the oppression of the Police and the Armed forces on February 7 and 8 under the rug.
In a press release of MDP, the party stared that the violence of the Police and Armed forces on February 7 and 8 cannot be denied. MDP said that the truth about the human rights abuses of the Police and Armed Forces against MDP members will be clarified to the people no matter how hard a people try to cover it up.
In addition to this, MDP stated that the party will not cease to speak against those who oppressed the people injured on February 7 and 8. The party said that the party will always will be barrier between violence and people.