- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
We will raise our voice no matter how much a people is trying to brush the reality of Feb 8 under the rug- MDP
Opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) has stated that they will not cease to raise their voice no matter how much a people is trying to brush the reality of the oppression of the Police and the Armed forces on February 7 and 8 under the rug.
In a press release of MDP, the party stared that the violence of the Police and Armed forces on February 7 and 8 cannot be denied. MDP said that the truth about the human rights abuses of the Police and Armed Forces against MDP members will be clarified to the people no matter how hard a people try to cover it up.
In addition to this, MDP stated that the party will not cease to speak against those who oppressed the people injured on February 7 and 8. The party said that the party will always will be barrier between violence and people.