- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
- Maldives doesn’t want to change Commonwealth Summit venue
- Suspects and victims of recent gang violence have criminal records- Police
- Adopting new perspective is the way forward for the education system: President
- DRP changed policies to close the door on Gayoom and Nasheed- Thasmeen
- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
We will protect the President although he does not have anyone representing him in Majlis- Yameen
All members of the Peoples’ Majlis who support the present government of President Dr Mohamed Waheed Hassan Manik will protect and defend the President although he does not have any members representing him in the Majlis, says Mulaku constituency MP Abdullah Yameen, the Parliamentary Group Leader of the Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM).
In an interview to DhiTV, PPM Parliamentary Group Leader, Mulaki MP Abdullah Yameen said that the claim of opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) that there being no members representing President Dr.Mohamed Waheed makes it difficult to run the Majlis efficiently is false.
Yameen reiterated that all members supporting President Dr. Waheed’s administration will support him, protect him and defend him even if he does not have anyone representing him in the Majlis. He said that the government is not the least worried because of it.
Yameen said that MDP is obstructing the Majlis sessions because they have failed to achieve their motives in a national level. He said that they are doing this out of desperation.
“Now they claim that President Waheed has no Majlis members. This is no reason or excuse to obstruct the work of the Majlis. We are there to protect President Dr. Waheed,” he said.