- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
We will protect the President although he does not have anyone representing him in Majlis- Yameen
All members of the Peoples’ Majlis who support the present government of President Dr Mohamed Waheed Hassan Manik will protect and defend the President although he does not have any members representing him in the Majlis, says Mulaku constituency MP Abdullah Yameen, the Parliamentary Group Leader of the Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM).
In an interview to DhiTV, PPM Parliamentary Group Leader, Mulaki MP Abdullah Yameen said that the claim of opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) that there being no members representing President Dr.Mohamed Waheed makes it difficult to run the Majlis efficiently is false.
Yameen reiterated that all members supporting President Dr. Waheed’s administration will support him, protect him and defend him even if he does not have anyone representing him in the Majlis. He said that the government is not the least worried because of it.
Yameen said that MDP is obstructing the Majlis sessions because they have failed to achieve their motives in a national level. He said that they are doing this out of desperation.
“Now they claim that President Waheed has no Majlis members. This is no reason or excuse to obstruct the work of the Majlis. We are there to protect President Dr. Waheed,” he said.