- Sri Lanka and Maldives small biz to get better trade finance: IFC
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- FRS attends to storm surges at Villimaale
- Maldives repeats its calls to immediately end violence in Syria
- Health sector needs additional budget of MVR 270 million- Dr. Jamsheed
- PPM will join Nasheed when a forumula is invented to mix oil with water -Nihaan
- Only Gasim can save this nation- Ilham
- MDP wants an interim govt before election- Nasheed
- Villa college opens campus in Naifaru
- Surfing expeditions in the Maldives increase in popularity as the country showcases its wilder side
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives open only 6 weeks and voted no. 1 resort in North Male Atoll
- All travelers should take necessary precautionary measures before setting on their journeys- Coast Guard
- MNDF renders assistance to a person trapped inside a room
We will only cooperate in continuing Majlis sessions if relevant parties hold discussions- MDP
Opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) has stated that the Parliamentary Group of the party will only cooperate in continuing the sessions of the Peoples’ Majlis if President Dr. Mohamed Waheed Hassan Manik and the leaders of the political parties agree to hold discussions.
MDP Parliamentary Group made this remark in a statement of the group released yesterday.
In the statement, the MDP Parliamentary group called all the relevant parties to hold discussions to solve the issue of the suspension of the Majlis sessions indefinitely.
Speaker of the Peoples’ Majlis announced on Tuesday that the Majlis sessions were indefinitely suspended as MPs representing the opposition MDP have been continuously obstructing the sessions and meetings of the Majlis committees claiming that they will not cooperate in the Majlis as long as the government insists to charge the people for Aasandha National Health Insurance Scheme.
Meanwhile, Speaker Abdullah Shahid and the MDP Parliamentary Group Leader Ibrahim Mohamed Solih and Minority Leader Abdullah Yameen of PPM yesterday held discussions.