- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Those who attack the Police can find no place to hide- Home Minister
Minister of Home Affairs Dr. Mohamed Jameel Ahmed has said that the people who attack the police and those who hatch plots to attack the police can find no place to hide in Maldives. He added that such criminals will face their rightful penalty for their crimes.
Speaking at VTV, Home Minister Dr. Mohamed Jameel Ahmed said that the government will never give any opportunity for any group or individual to attack the Police and obstruct their duty. He said that the government takes the issue of the recent attacks on Police very seriously and will not leave any stones unturned to serve justice.
Dr. Jameel said that the series of attacks on Police every night is an organized crime and those plotting and perpetrating this act will have to taste the bitterness of their action. He said that none of them can find a place to hide in this country and he will make sure that they are brought to justice.
Minister Dr. Jameel noted that the Maldives Police Service is a professional institution and does not differentiate between any people.
He said that the group attacking the police is doing so to achieve their sinister political goals. He warned such people that they should not think that they will be left to continue with their crimes but they will be have to face the consequences of their actions.