- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
- Maldives doesn’t want to change Commonwealth Summit venue
- Suspects and victims of recent gang violence have criminal records- Police
- Adopting new perspective is the way forward for the education system: President
- DRP changed policies to close the door on Gayoom and Nasheed- Thasmeen
- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
Soneva Fushi to Welcome Valentine Bourrié from Chateaux Cos D’Estournel
Maldives Promotion House - Châteaux Cos d’Estournel, 2eme Grand Cru Classe will visit Soneva Fushi for the third time in early October 2012 to host two exclusive events. Chateaux Cos d’Estournel produces some of the world’s finest wines and Soneva Fushi has had the pleasure of serving some of their finest vintages to guests.
Cos d’Estournel was founded in 1790 by Louis Gaspard d’Estournel. Facing Château Lafite, the hill of Cos is made up of 90 hectares ( 222 acres) of cabernet sauvignon, merlot, cabernet franc and petit verdot. In 2008, a new cellar was built in the same avant-garde style initiated by Louis Gaspard d’Estournel. The result is a project that is unique in Bordeaux: a cellar that is entirely operated by gravity, and from which all pumps have been banished. Created in 1502, this domain is considered as one of the most beautiful vineyards in Central Europe. In 1711, the domain became imperial property and remained under the administration of the Austro-Hungarian crown for nearly two centuries during which it has been classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
This October under the authoritative guidance and expertise of Valentine Bourrié guests will be invited to taste a selection of 7 great vintages in the resort’s underground wine cellar on the evening of Saturday 6th October followed by a decadent food and wine paired dinner on Monday 8th October. The 7 course menu for the ‘Barefoot Bordeaux Dinner’ has been carefully crafted by Soneva Fushi’s Executive chef Bjorn Van Der Horst and features delicious pairings such as chilled oysters with beetroot caviar and a 2007 Cos d’Estournel Blanc and Australian Salt Bush lamb with Soneva garden herbs and flowers and a 1995 Cos d’Estournel.