- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Soneva Fushi to Welcome Valentine Bourrié from Chateaux Cos D’Estournel
Maldives Promotion House - Châteaux Cos d’Estournel, 2eme Grand Cru Classe will visit Soneva Fushi for the third time in early October 2012 to host two exclusive events. Chateaux Cos d’Estournel produces some of the world’s finest wines and Soneva Fushi has had the pleasure of serving some of their finest vintages to guests.
Cos d’Estournel was founded in 1790 by Louis Gaspard d’Estournel. Facing Château Lafite, the hill of Cos is made up of 90 hectares ( 222 acres) of cabernet sauvignon, merlot, cabernet franc and petit verdot. In 2008, a new cellar was built in the same avant-garde style initiated by Louis Gaspard d’Estournel. The result is a project that is unique in Bordeaux: a cellar that is entirely operated by gravity, and from which all pumps have been banished. Created in 1502, this domain is considered as one of the most beautiful vineyards in Central Europe. In 1711, the domain became imperial property and remained under the administration of the Austro-Hungarian crown for nearly two centuries during which it has been classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
This October under the authoritative guidance and expertise of Valentine Bourrié guests will be invited to taste a selection of 7 great vintages in the resort’s underground wine cellar on the evening of Saturday 6th October followed by a decadent food and wine paired dinner on Monday 8th October. The 7 course menu for the ‘Barefoot Bordeaux Dinner’ has been carefully crafted by Soneva Fushi’s Executive chef Bjorn Van Der Horst and features delicious pairings such as chilled oysters with beetroot caviar and a 2007 Cos d’Estournel Blanc and Australian Salt Bush lamb with Soneva garden herbs and flowers and a 1995 Cos d’Estournel.