- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Rectification of the Ummah begins with oneself- Gayoom
Former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom has said that the rectification of the Islamic Ummah begins with the rectification of oneself.
The Former President made this statement speaking at the Revival of the nights of Ramadan program organized by the Maumoon Foundation. Gayoom said that rectification of the Ummah begins with oneself and it is incumbent upon every Muslim to be God fearing and righteous.
Gayoom said that if everyone becomes righteous and adorn themselves with righteous actions then they would become ambassadors of good deeds for the whole society.
In his speech, Gayoom said that Allah has granted the Islamic Ummah as the most best of nations so therefore the Muslim should do his best to enjoin good and forbid wrongdoings.
He also said that the Muslim should respect others and work towards the wellbeing of the whole society.