- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
Rectification of the Ummah begins with oneself- Gayoom
Former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom has said that the rectification of the Islamic Ummah begins with the rectification of oneself.
The Former President made this statement speaking at the Revival of the nights of Ramadan program organized by the Maumoon Foundation. Gayoom said that rectification of the Ummah begins with oneself and it is incumbent upon every Muslim to be God fearing and righteous.
Gayoom said that if everyone becomes righteous and adorn themselves with righteous actions then they would become ambassadors of good deeds for the whole society.
In his speech, Gayoom said that Allah has granted the Islamic Ummah as the most best of nations so therefore the Muslim should do his best to enjoin good and forbid wrongdoings.
He also said that the Muslim should respect others and work towards the wellbeing of the whole society.