- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
- Umar says he didn’t goto appeal committee because it’s under Yameen’s authority
- Nasheed won’t even succeed for the second round of elections- Gasim
- Recent assualts are gang related- CP
- Nasheed Launches MDP Policy on Agriculture
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- Police assist with flood relief in Ga.Villingilli
- 2 men arrested with suspicious narcotics
President Waheed to depart to Saudi Arabia to attend extraordinary OCI Summit
President Dr. Mohamed Waheed Hassan Manik will be leaving to Saudi Arabia in an official visit to the country to attend an extraordinary summit of Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC).
In order to discuss the current situation facing the Muslim world, Saudi King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz invited leaders of Muslim countries including President Dr. Mohamed Waheed to attend a two-day emergency summit on the 27th of Ramazan (August 14-15).
The gathering of Islamic countries will consider the threats of disintegration and agitation being faced by the Muslim world and will provide an opportunity to Muslim leaders to discuss the problems of the Ummah.
Miadhu Daily understands that Minister of Islamic Affairs Sheikh Mohamed Shaheem Ali Saeed and other senior officials will accompany President Dr. Waheed at the gathering of Muslim leaders.
This will be the fourth such extraordinary summit of the OIC and it comes at a time when Muslim countries are facing many challenges, including the current situation in Syria, recent killings of Muslims in Myanmar and conflict in Afghanistan.
A statement issued by the OIC Secretariat in Jeddah, the King Abdullah has asked for the special session of the organization to examine the situation in many countries of the Islamic world. The summit will also intensify efforts to confront this situation, he added.
It is vital to mention here that the OIC is the world’s second largest inter-governmental organization after the United Nations (UN).
According to the OIC, it is the united voice of the Muslim community across the globe which works to protect the interests of the Islamic world in the spirit of promoting international peace and harmony among various peoples of the world.