- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
President meets China State Administration for Religious Affairs Delegation
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has today met with the visiting China State Administration for Religious Affairs Delegation. The meeting was held yesterday morning at the President’s Office.
During the meeting the delegates spoke on the 40 year long existing trade and cultural relations between both countries. Delegates also briefed the President regarding the discussions with the Ministry of Islamic Affairs to strengthen religious relation between both countries.
While speaking on the strong relations between both countries, President Waheed thanked the delegation for visiting Maldives. He also highlighted on the high number of Chinese tourists to Maldives. President also stressed on the importance of celebrating 40 year old relations between both countries.