- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
President meets China State Administration for Religious Affairs Delegation
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has today met with the visiting China State Administration for Religious Affairs Delegation. The meeting was held yesterday morning at the President’s Office.
During the meeting the delegates spoke on the 40 year long existing trade and cultural relations between both countries. Delegates also briefed the President regarding the discussions with the Ministry of Islamic Affairs to strengthen religious relation between both countries.
While speaking on the strong relations between both countries, President Waheed thanked the delegation for visiting Maldives. He also highlighted on the high number of Chinese tourists to Maldives. President also stressed on the importance of celebrating 40 year old relations between both countries.