- Pest control operation in Dh. Kudahuvadhoo
- 2 apprehended and 1 being sought in relation to case of assault
- Police delegation returns from training with the FBI
- President Waheed reaffirms commitment to improve the standard of IGMH
- Police help rescue Snorkeler who went missing
- EU Ambassador pays farewell call on President Waheed
- President’s Office directs all govt offices to participate winners of national Quran competitions at official functions
- 23rd Session of the Human Rights Council concludes in Geneva
- JP congress to be held on July 10
- AK underscores the importance of more people joining to get economic freedom
- Home Ministry requests all to refrain from painting public areas in political colours
- Police begins eradicating graffiti from the walls of Male’ City
- Individual found dead in Bilehdhoo
President meets China State Administration for Religious Affairs Delegation
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has today met with the visiting China State Administration for Religious Affairs Delegation. The meeting was held yesterday morning at the President’s Office.
During the meeting the delegates spoke on the 40 year long existing trade and cultural relations between both countries. Delegates also briefed the President regarding the discussions with the Ministry of Islamic Affairs to strengthen religious relation between both countries.
While speaking on the strong relations between both countries, President Waheed thanked the delegation for visiting Maldives. He also highlighted on the high number of Chinese tourists to Maldives. President also stressed on the importance of celebrating 40 year old relations between both countries.