- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
President forms a new Committee for coordination between Govt and Civil Service Commission
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has formed a new Committee for Coordination between Government and Civil Service Commission.
President appointed Vice President Mohamed Waheeduddeen as the Chairman of the Committee. Other members of the Committee are as follows: Abdulla Jihad, Minister of Finance and Treasury; Dr Asim Ahmed, Minister of Education; Dr Ahmed Jamsheed Mohamed, Minister of Health; Dr Mohamed Jameel Ahmed, Minister of Home Affairs; Ahmed Mohamed, Minister of Economic Development and Mohamed Hussain Shareef, Minister of Human Resources, Youth and Sports.
President of Civil Service Commission Mr Mohamed Fahumee Hassan along with Vice president of the commission Ahmed Hassan Didi, Civil Service Commission members; Dr Mohamed Latheef, Khadheeja Adam and Jameela Ali are also in the Committee representing the Civil Service Commission.
Under Secretary at the President’s Office Dr Isam Mohamed and the Director General of Civil Service Commission Mr Abdulla Saeed are also appointed to the Committee.
The Committee’s first meeting was held at the President’s Office yesterday morning. During the meeting discussions were held on issues put forward by the President’s Office and Civil Service Commission.