- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
President calls to strengthen familial relations
President Dr. Mohamed Waheed has called to strengthen familial relations. The President made this remark in his Eid message to the people.
President Dr.Waheed extended greetings to the people of the Maldives, and Leaders of Islamic countries on the auspicious occasion of Eid ul-Fitr.
Noting that Eid ul-Fitr was also an occasion to help people in need, President Waheed highlighted that in this Eid, we should try and strengthen our familial relations. He said that Eid is a good opportunity for people to strengthen their bonds and cleanse their minds from hatred and rancor.
He urged the people to show mercy toward the poor, engage in goodness toward one another.
President Waheed also called upon the people to hold the national interests higher than one’s own personal interests.
The President also sent Eid greetings to the Leaders of Islamic countries and to the Heads of Islamic Organisations. The President has also been receiving greetings from them.