- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
President calls to strengthen familial relations
President Dr. Mohamed Waheed has called to strengthen familial relations. The President made this remark in his Eid message to the people.
President Dr.Waheed extended greetings to the people of the Maldives, and Leaders of Islamic countries on the auspicious occasion of Eid ul-Fitr.
Noting that Eid ul-Fitr was also an occasion to help people in need, President Waheed highlighted that in this Eid, we should try and strengthen our familial relations. He said that Eid is a good opportunity for people to strengthen their bonds and cleanse their minds from hatred and rancor.
He urged the people to show mercy toward the poor, engage in goodness toward one another.
President Waheed also called upon the people to hold the national interests higher than one’s own personal interests.
The President also sent Eid greetings to the Leaders of Islamic countries and to the Heads of Islamic Organisations. The President has also been receiving greetings from them.