- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
- Umar says he didn’t goto appeal committee because it’s under Yameen’s authority
- Nasheed won’t even succeed for the second round of elections- Gasim
- Recent assualts are gang related- CP
- Nasheed Launches MDP Policy on Agriculture
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- Police assist with flood relief in Ga.Villingilli
- 2 men arrested with suspicious narcotics
Present Maldivian state is a failure- MDP
Opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) has alleged that the present Maldivian state is a failure and most of the independent institutions of the state have failed to fulfill their responsibilities.
In view of the recent report of Human Rights Commission of the Maldives (HRCM) on the events of February 6 and 7, MDP Spokesperson Imthiyaz Fahmy told Miadhu Daily that the state has failed. He said that he believes that the state has failed because the Peoples’ Majlis is now in limbo and the independent institutions are not functioning well.
Imthiyaz said that justice will not be served when the state has failed. He said that in such a state the reports of local authorities are of no concern and now the people should turn towards the reports of foreign human rights organisations. He said that the reports of foreign human rights organisations are impartial and unbiased.
He claimed that the reports issued by such foreign organisations expose that there exists human rights violations in the Maldives.