- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
Present Maldivian state is a failure- MDP
Opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) has alleged that the present Maldivian state is a failure and most of the independent institutions of the state have failed to fulfill their responsibilities.
In view of the recent report of Human Rights Commission of the Maldives (HRCM) on the events of February 6 and 7, MDP Spokesperson Imthiyaz Fahmy told Miadhu Daily that the state has failed. He said that he believes that the state has failed because the Peoples’ Majlis is now in limbo and the independent institutions are not functioning well.
Imthiyaz said that justice will not be served when the state has failed. He said that in such a state the reports of local authorities are of no concern and now the people should turn towards the reports of foreign human rights organisations. He said that the reports of foreign human rights organisations are impartial and unbiased.
He claimed that the reports issued by such foreign organisations expose that there exists human rights violations in the Maldives.