- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Police should show their court orders to leaders of MDP- Moosa Manik
Chairperson of the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) Moosa “Reeko” Manik has said that the Police should show their court orders to leaders of MDP before entering their premises at Usfasgandu.
In a press conference held at the main office of the MDP, Moosa Manik said that Police should be keen on showing the court order to the leading members instead of showing it to the general commoner from MDP.
In view of the arrest of MDP Yellow Force member, Lhaviyani Kurendhoo, EverBlue Mohamed Sofwan for attacking a Police Office, MDP Chairperson alleged that the country is facing many challenges because of the lawlessness of the Police. He condemned the arrest of Sofwan claiming that the Police violated his rights and used unnecessary force during the arrest.