- Message by Minister of Foreign Affairs on the occasion of the International Human Rights
- Quick steps will be taken to provide quality health care- Minister
- Gasim urges to allocate budget to train professional journalists
- Halal certificate issuing to be gazetted next week
- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
Only PPM can decide who to represent them in all party talks- Gayoom
-No one should be concerned about CoNI’s report
Interim President of the Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM), former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom has said that only PPM can decide who to represent them in the all party talks. He said that no one else can decide on this and the representative of the PPM in the talks is selected by the PPM council.
Former President Gayoom made this remark while speaking at a public rally of the PPM entitled ‘Revealing the reality’ held at Imaadhudheen School. He said this in view of the requests the Presidential candidate of the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP), former President Mohamed Nasheed not to allow Umar Naseer and Adhaalath Party President Sheikh Imran Abdullah to participate in the peace talks.
Gayoom said that Adhaalath Party will know what they will do regarding the matter but as for the PPM then PPM will only decide on whom to represent PPM in the all party talks. He added that no one else gets to decide on the representative of the PPM.
In addition to this Gayoom said that no party should worry about the Commission of National Inquiry report into February’s transfer of power, which is due to be published on 30 August. He said that the members of the commission are people of integrity and they would never oppose the truth.