- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
No chance to rule that a coup was involved in the transfer of power- Gasim
Leader of the Jumhooree Party, Gasim Ibrahim said that there is no chance to rule that a coup d’etat was involved in the transfer of power on 7 February, 2012.
Gasim made this remark at the public rally of the Jumhooree Party held at A.Dh. Fenfushi last night. Speaking at this rally, Gasim said that all the events of that day were witnessed by the people and all the events following that day up until today has been happening in front of the people and that there is no chance for the people to be deceived regarding the truth of these matters.
Gasim said that he does not believe that the people or the law enforcement agencies partook in anything that can be judged as a coup. “Ergo, I do not believe that the Commission of National Inquiry will rule that a coup was involved,” he said.
Condemning the incitement of violence by the former President Mohamed Nasheed anticipating the outcome of the report, Gasim said that Nasheed and the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) has no authority and right to violate the law and constitution of the Maldives regardless of whether the commission rules out that there was a coup.
Gasim said that he fears that MDP will resort to terrorist acts in the country following the release of the report. In this regard he called all people to remain mindful of the plots of the MDP.