- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
Nasheed will face many challenges following CoNI’s report- Gayoom
Former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom has said that the former President Mohamed Nasheed will face many challenges internationally following the report of the Commission of National Inquiry (CoNI) that has revealed the facts, circumstances and causes of the 7 February transfer of power.
Gayoom made this statement during an interview to VTV following the presentation of CONI’s final report to President Dr. Mohamed Waheed on Thursday. He said that the report has revealed the lies of Nasheed to the international community and has exposed his reality to the world. He said that Nasheed will have to face many challenges from the international community now that his deceptive plots have failed.
Gayoom reiterated that the final report of the commission has proved to the international community the many lies and deceptions of Nasheed regarding the transfer of power.
Gayoom expressed hopes that the report will heal the damages done to the Maldivian economy by the irresponsible statements and lies of former President Nasheed. He said that now the potential foreign investors will realize that the scare techniques of Nasheed were deceptive plots.
Furthermore, Gayoom expressed appreciation and gratitude to the members of the commission for their efforts. He said that he is very happy that the true reality of the circumstances surrounding the transfer of power in Maldives on 7 February 2012 has now been revealed.