- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
Nasheed should be charged with terrorism- Sheikh Imran
President of the Adhaalath Party, Sheikh Imran Abdullah has said that the former President Mohamed Nasheed should be charged with terrorism for the illegal detention of Chief Judge of the Criminal Court Judge Abdullah regardless of the outcome of the report of the Commission of National Inquiry (CoNI).
Adhaalath Party’s President and State Minister of Ministry of Islamic Affairs Imran Abdullah said that Nasheed should take the full responsibility of the illegal arrest of Judge Abdullah. He said that Nasheed has no chance of escaping from being prosecuted.
“He should be charged with terrorism regardless of the result of the CoNI’s result. The report of the Human Rights Commission of the Maldives has ample evidence against Nasheed. This report can be used against him,” he said.
In addition to this Sheikh Imran said that the report of HRCM is a very important report with many evidences that can be used against Nasheed. He said that there is no reason that Nasheed should not be tried. He said that Nasheed has and is challenging the constitution.
Sheikh Imran called the authorities to take action all who are guilty of crime as was clarified in the report of the HRCM.