- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
- Police seize narcotics, cash and alleged stolen items
- Turkish Aid to be used to reconstruct Police buildings damaged by fire
- ADB Director General for South Asia calls on the President
- UNFPA Country Director Meets the President
- Adhaalath calls to arrest all who partipated in the brutal murder of Dr. Afraasheem
- Nasheed will face the consequences during the election for mocking Islam- Gasim
- Azlif will be prosecuted following Humam’s confession- CP
- Yameen is Nasheed’s spokesperson- Thasmeen
- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
Nasheed presents his statement to the Police in relation to the phone call issue
Former President Mohamed Nasheed appeared at the Police Headquarters yesterday at 14:45 and presented his statement to the Police for the investigation of a case lodged against him for inciting violence against law enforcement official in a phone call to Mariya Ahmed Didi.
After spending two hours at the Police station Nasheed came out and gave an interview to RajjeTV reporters. He said that he is assured the Police Service can be reformed and established as a legal institution.
He accused that there are many participants of the coup who are infiltrating the Police service. He said that his legal team will inform the media about his statement.
Nasheed was followed by a large number of supporters when he was going to the Police. MDP has earlier claimed that Nasheed can only be presented at the Police only with 50,000 members of the party accompanying him.
Nasheed said that he would not give any information to the media unless the Raajje TV reporters are present.
Nasheed and his followers entered the Police lines and in the process one of Nasheed’s private securities was arrested. Nasheed was angered by this and he tried to talk the Police to release the man.
However when the Police took the arrested person to the Police van Nasheed held one of the cards of the Police and called out to his supporters the name of the Police Officer and said that it is him who is harassing the members of the MDP. He warned the Police Officer that he now knows who he is.