- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
Nasheed is fears me- Umar
-Nasheed and his ilk are preparing to go to jail
Interim Vice President of the Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM), Umar Naseer has said that he is now assured that the former President Mohamed Nasheed fears him and despises him very much.
Umar Naseer made this remark in a press conference held yesterday. He said that he has known it since February 7 and 8 that Nasheed is terrified of him.
In view of the request of the former President Nasheed not to allow Umar Naseer and Adhaalath Party President Sheikh Imran Abdullah to participate in the peace talks, Umar said that Nasheed always has been mindful of his activities even during his presidency.
Umar said that Nasheed made this request from the government because there is no one Nasheed fears on the face of the earth more than Imran and him.
“Nasheed was always on watch of my activities. He would try to refute me whenever I make a speech near a podium. He was always on watch. Well, he has his reasons for sure. After all he knows that I am would know if a person is intoxicated and high on drugs when I see such a person. Nasheed has never made any sane decisions since his resignation,” he said.
Umar said that Nasheed has been exposed more and more every passing day and he is finished in the eyes of the people.
He noted that Nasheed has now been begging and pleading the international community to support his insane activities while earlier he had been haughtily claiming how well supported he was in the international community. He said that Nasheed is trying to save himself from being prosecuted if the Commission of National Inquiry (CoNI) decides there was no coup on February 7.
“Nasheed is now trying to cover that up. He knows that he has to goto jail. He does not want to go alone. Therefore, he is gathering his supporters from the islands to cause unrest in August 30. He and his ilk are preparing to go to jail,” he said.