- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
Nasheed is fears me- Umar
-Nasheed and his ilk are preparing to go to jail
Interim Vice President of the Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM), Umar Naseer has said that he is now assured that the former President Mohamed Nasheed fears him and despises him very much.
Umar Naseer made this remark in a press conference held yesterday. He said that he has known it since February 7 and 8 that Nasheed is terrified of him.
In view of the request of the former President Nasheed not to allow Umar Naseer and Adhaalath Party President Sheikh Imran Abdullah to participate in the peace talks, Umar said that Nasheed always has been mindful of his activities even during his presidency.
Umar said that Nasheed made this request from the government because there is no one Nasheed fears on the face of the earth more than Imran and him.
“Nasheed was always on watch of my activities. He would try to refute me whenever I make a speech near a podium. He was always on watch. Well, he has his reasons for sure. After all he knows that I am would know if a person is intoxicated and high on drugs when I see such a person. Nasheed has never made any sane decisions since his resignation,” he said.
Umar said that Nasheed has been exposed more and more every passing day and he is finished in the eyes of the people.
He noted that Nasheed has now been begging and pleading the international community to support his insane activities while earlier he had been haughtily claiming how well supported he was in the international community. He said that Nasheed is trying to save himself from being prosecuted if the Commission of National Inquiry (CoNI) decides there was no coup on February 7.
“Nasheed is now trying to cover that up. He knows that he has to goto jail. He does not want to go alone. Therefore, he is gathering his supporters from the islands to cause unrest in August 30. He and his ilk are preparing to go to jail,” he said.