- Sri Lanka and Maldives small biz to get better trade finance: IFC
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- FRS attends to storm surges at Villimaale
- Maldives repeats its calls to immediately end violence in Syria
- Health sector needs additional budget of MVR 270 million- Dr. Jamsheed
- PPM will join Nasheed when a forumula is invented to mix oil with water -Nihaan
- Only Gasim can save this nation- Ilham
- MDP wants an interim govt before election- Nasheed
- Villa college opens campus in Naifaru
- Surfing expeditions in the Maldives increase in popularity as the country showcases its wilder side
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives open only 6 weeks and voted no. 1 resort in North Male Atoll
- All travelers should take necessary precautionary measures before setting on their journeys- Coast Guard
- MNDF renders assistance to a person trapped inside a room
Nasheed is a “virus”: Fuwad Gasim
Fisheries Ministry’s State Minister Fuwad Gasim has said that the former President Mohamed Nasheed is a “virus” corrupting the Maldivian society. He said that the peace and stability in the society can only be restored by eliminating this deadly virus.
Fuwad said that virus is the reasons of the many illnesses and in this regard Nasheed is behind all the “calamities” that has befallen on the society.
“Viral diseases can only be cured by destroying the virus and safeguarding oneself from it,” he said.
Fuwad said that the Maldives is a hundred percent Muslim nation and there are only two countries which have this status. He said that if a President signals to resign from presidency then the foreign powers will be hungry for power and authority and will put pressure on the government. He said that the recent report on the United Nations Human Rights Commission was issued in this regard.
Fuwad said that the people cannot continue to stay silent and it is high time to go out to make decisions. He said that the opposition MDP and the coalition parties should come out to the streets to resolve this pressing issue.