- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
Nasheed is a “virus”: Fuwad Gasim
Fisheries Ministry’s State Minister Fuwad Gasim has said that the former President Mohamed Nasheed is a “virus” corrupting the Maldivian society. He said that the peace and stability in the society can only be restored by eliminating this deadly virus.
Fuwad said that virus is the reasons of the many illnesses and in this regard Nasheed is behind all the “calamities” that has befallen on the society.
“Viral diseases can only be cured by destroying the virus and safeguarding oneself from it,” he said.
Fuwad said that the Maldives is a hundred percent Muslim nation and there are only two countries which have this status. He said that if a President signals to resign from presidency then the foreign powers will be hungry for power and authority and will put pressure on the government. He said that the recent report on the United Nations Human Rights Commission was issued in this regard.
Fuwad said that the people cannot continue to stay silent and it is high time to go out to make decisions. He said that the opposition MDP and the coalition parties should come out to the streets to resolve this pressing issue.