- Sri Lanka, India and Maldives take part in trilateral maritime exercise
- Shelters to be built in Hulhule’ ferry service area
- SAARC Secretary General Saleem calls on the President
- It is not permissible for Muslims to enter temples, churches and synagogues- Fiqh Academy
- Wide variety of programs for the youth to be commenced- Maleeh
- Budget problems will be solved when the authorities are made accountable for state expenses- Amir
- Ali Hameed underscores importance of increasing the state reserve
- Japan grants aid of 200 million Yen to Maldives
- Germany grants 3 million Euro project to support for climate neutrality strategy of the Maldives
- President Yameen and First Lady accept invitation for an official visit to Japan
- Postage Stamp Museum inaugurated
- We will seek out drug dealers from which ever country they hide- Home Minister
- Govt wants to reduce taxi fares- Minister
Nasheed can never come to power- DQP
Dhivehi Qaumee Party (DQP) has stated that the former President Mohamed Nasheed can never come to power no matter how many dangerous activities he perpetrates in the country.
General Secretary of DQP, Abdullah Ameen said that the people were disappointed with Nasheed even during his presidency because of his many violations of the constitution. He said that the people have not forgotten the attempts of Nasheed to destroy the Islamic education and Islamic unity of the Maldivian people.
Ameen said that Nasheed has even tried to abolish the beautiful moral values of the people and that the bad effects of this are now apparent in the society. He added that if there is no moral values in a society than it will be difficult to govern the society.
Ameen said that Nasheed and his ilk have violated many rights of the people by instigating violence and criminal activities. He said that Nasheed’s calls to increase their determination by such activities show his real character.
DQP General Secretary further said that the people of Maldives cannot be fooled by Nasheed and his cronies. He said that the people of Maldives are adorned by the beautiful moral values of Islam and will not be deluded by Nasheed.