- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
Nasheed can never come to power- DQP
Dhivehi Qaumee Party (DQP) has stated that the former President Mohamed Nasheed can never come to power no matter how many dangerous activities he perpetrates in the country.
General Secretary of DQP, Abdullah Ameen said that the people were disappointed with Nasheed even during his presidency because of his many violations of the constitution. He said that the people have not forgotten the attempts of Nasheed to destroy the Islamic education and Islamic unity of the Maldivian people.
Ameen said that Nasheed has even tried to abolish the beautiful moral values of the people and that the bad effects of this are now apparent in the society. He added that if there is no moral values in a society than it will be difficult to govern the society.
Ameen said that Nasheed and his ilk have violated many rights of the people by instigating violence and criminal activities. He said that Nasheed’s calls to increase their determination by such activities show his real character.
DQP General Secretary further said that the people of Maldives cannot be fooled by Nasheed and his cronies. He said that the people of Maldives are adorned by the beautiful moral values of Islam and will not be deluded by Nasheed.