- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
- Mandela an example of democracy- Gasim
- With Yameen’s visit, ties with Maldives set to shine again
- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
MNDF conducts “Chief of Defence Force’s Art and Craft Exhibition-2012”
MNDF has conducted its first Art and Craft Exhibition on the Fitr Eid day. The day-long exhibition under the banner “Chief of Defence Force’s Art and Craft Exhbition” held at Kalhuthukkalaakoshi was declared open by the Chief of Defence Force Major General Ahmed Shiyam. The exhibition is conducted by the MNDF in collaboration with National Center for the Arts and United Artists of Maldives.
Drawings, paintings and craft works were included in this exhibition and the items were presented from 5 categories including Acrylic Paintings, Graphic Arts (Digital), Mix Medium, Pencil Drawing and Crafts category.
The opportunity to participate in this exhibition was held open for all MNDF personnel and their families. This exhibition would be continued in future and the next exhibition would be held on the next MNDF anniversary.
Speaking at this ceremony, Chief of Defence Force said that there are professional people in the area of arts and craft in MNDF and it is his aspiration to develop this further. “Artists take the creative thinking and imaginations inside their heart and display it to others, so that it is very important to develop this talent within MNDF personnel”, said Major General Ahmed Shiyam. He further highlighted that the ability to visualize what is inside their brain is very essential for any organization or any nation for their development. Furthermore, he requested all MNDF personnel and their family members to come up with those talents for the next year’s exhibition.
During this ceremony, certificates were given to the participants of the four day long Visual Arts Workshop held on 18,19, 29 and 30 July 2012 and the exhibition participants. Moreover the prizes and the Chief of Defence Force Trophy were given away during this ceremony. The certificates, prizes and the Trophy were distributed by the Chief of Defence Force Major General Ahmed Shiyam. Prizes of this exhibition are sponsored by Sifainge Coorporative (SIFCO). Winners of this Exhibition are as follows.